Protect salmon from LNG!
Send your comments by March 11
TO: GNLPacificNorthwestLNG@ceaa-acee.gc.ca; Catherine.McKenna@parl.gc.ca
Use these talking points or add your own.
- The Pacific Northwest LNG terminal on Lelu Island poses a huge risk to the second-largest salmon run in Canada and the communities that depend on it.
- The project violates the self-determination and sovereignty of the nine allied tribes of the Lax Kw’walams. Approving it would break Trudeau’s promise to prioritize relationships with First Nations.
- Fracking is a destructive method of extreme energy extraction and a step in the wrong direction for the climate, water and public health.
- There is no way to both approve this project and honour the 1.5 degree global warming limit agreed to in Paris.
- The report conflicts with peer-reviewed scientific research, and requires further study to resolve this discrepancy.